Friday, January 20, 2012

Reasons for the BIG move..


1. This job opportunity for Paul is HUGE. It is a different field of law that he has been wanting to get into but due to the economy in the U.S. & his current law background would be impossible to attain. Experience, experience experience! & international experience is the icing on the cake.
Even though I have to give up my career for the time being, I am more than happy to be given the opportunity to stay home and be a mother (even though I have discovered that being a stay at home mom is HARDER than just going to work)  This is something I would have not been able to do if we decided against the move. 

2. SAVE SAVE SAVE. We will be able to save so much more $ for our future. Retirement, children's education are just a few of the HUGE future expenses.  

3. Tax break. Yes, working overseas gives us a HUGE tax break. I mean HELLOOOOOOOO keep most of what you earn rather than giving it to Uncle Sam? I'll take it!!

4. Life experience. How cool is it that we get to say, ya we lived in Kuwait at some point in our lives? Not a lot of people get to do that.

5. Travel. Due to it's geographical location we will be able to do lots of traveling (we hope).  We LOVE to travel so this is a great opportunity for us. Not sure how it will be with a baby but if there is a will, there is ALWAYS a way.

6. The U.S. economy...SUCKS. I'm glad we have the opportunity to leave it behind until it gets better. Ride out the storm as I say.

7. WHY not? I mean really...we can always come back right?

I'll add more as I remember.

















No comments:

Post a Comment